SHIT POST CENTRAL

On an unrelated note, the Three Body Problem and it's sequels Dark Forest and Death's End are an intriguing solution to the Fermi paradox, would highly recommend them.

You ever accidentally gassed your entire kitchen when you decide to boil ghost peppers? And then your hands hurt because you have pepper oil that you can't wash off and you're holding them way too close to that boiling pot and then to top it all off you added too much chocolate and overcooked the beef? All things considered, the chili could have turned out better.

ctwelve

The Lore-Seeker
Staff member
Writer
You ever accidentally gassed your entire kitchen when you decide to boil ghost peppers? And then your hands hurt because you have pepper oil that you can't wash off and you're holding them way too close to that boiling pot and then to top it all off you added too much chocolate and overcooked the beef? All things considered, the chili could have turned out better.
That's not chili, it's an unlicensed bioweapon.

That's not chili, it's an unlicensed bioweapon.
Yeah, I think I used too much chocolate too. Could have used a bit extra spice though, it wasn't even the spiciest entrant in the office chili competition.

Edit: for clarity, I am being entirely serious here. It was too much chocolate that ruined the chili, and it could have been spicier. My coworkers had some of the crazy highest spice tolerance of any place I have worked and we had a load of chocolate ghost and scorpion peppers that people could ask for.

Last edited:

someguynamedted

The Chronicler
Staff member
Yeah, I think I used too much chocolate too. Could have used a bit extra spice though, it wasn't even the spiciest entrant in the office chili competition.

Edit: for clarity, I am being entirely serious here. It was too much chocolate that ruined the chili, and it could have been spicier. My coworkers had some of the crazy highest spice tolerance of any place I have worked and we had a load of chocolate ghost and scorpion peppers that people could ask for.
Should have gone with Carolina Reaper

Got any good babyname websites? The ones I used to like aren't half as good as they used to be.
tumblr_pe86ynGmb81qauf5u_540.jpg

but seriously, I stopped using specific naming sites ages ago, now I just google 'most popular names' followed by either a country or a year, then roll a d100. Most people's names never suit them, I grew up with 13 Daniels, 9 Mathews and 7 Michelle's in my graduating class, nicknames and lastnames is where you get creative :p

but seriously, I stopped using specific naming sites ages ago, now I just google 'most popular names' followed by either a country or a year, then roll a d100. Most people's names never suit them, I grew up with 13 Daniels, 9 Mathews and 7 Michelle's in my graduating class, nicknames and lastnames is where you get creative :p
The sites used to come with search by definition. I wasn't just looking for a name that sounded good, I was always looking for names by meaning. That is a great deal harder than it used to be.

Ah, well I put my foot in it didn't I?
Unfortunately I can't point out a good website, it's been a long time since ive even looked for a good one. Sorry.
The websites that used to do it seem to have shed the feature, it's certainly not your fault they got worse.

Hey, how are you doing? I haven't heard from you for a while... for the obvious reasons. Things going well?

The websites that used to do it seem to have shed the feature, it's certainly not your fault they got worse.

Hey, how are you doing? I haven't heard from you for a while... for the obvious reasons. Things going well?
Honestly? I'm busy AF. For the most part everything is going well in meat space, it's just all happening at once. Moving house and going into surgery soon, bubs is perfectly healthy and I'm just waiting until I've got enough chapters before I start posting again.

How's things going for you? I see you've been busy writing :D

Busy writing yeah, but I've lost my backlog. I'm getting to the end of the current arc/book, and it's uhh, somewhat complex with all the steps I need to hit. It's kinda intimidating if I step back and think about all the threads I laid out for myself.

Such is life.

Good to hear things are going well, even if they are busy. Hope that surgery goes well too, with a speedy recovery. I want you back! Your story is an inspiration that helps me focus on being a good writer.